Thursday, October 15, 2009

Service

One of my favorite General Conference talks this past conference was given by President Monson. He talked about different packages he had received from people all over the world. One that really touch me was a jar full of "warm fuzzies" that represented little acts of service by primary classes. (Click here to read his talk)
http://segullah.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/warm-fuzzy-jar1-203x300.jpg
Since then, I've been trying to think of ways to reach out to my community and do something special. One idea was to try to get a group of people together and make blankets for a local hospital or possibly find a charity to donate to. Today I received an email with the idea to put together gift baskets and take them to a local nursing home. Kemp and I had the opportunity to visit a nursing home this past Mother's Day and give 10 women a special gift. It was an amazing experience for both of us. So as of today...I plan on getting together gift baskets to donate to an entire nursing home rather than to only 10 people. We will be doing this for Christmas!

If you are interested in donating, each gift set will be $20. Each set will have a Mary Kay Satin Hands Cream and Mint Bliss Energizing Feet and Leg Treatment (includes tax, gift wrapping, and delivery). Great for both men and women! Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

Also, if you are interested in doing this in your area, please let me know and I can help you put together your gift sets and ship them to you directly.

-Whitney

No comments: